Monday, August 31, 2009

Blood Bath

It's been a Blood Bath around here.
2.5 weeks ago Graham bit me while nursing like I have never been bit before....he drew blood and left two tiny teeth marks.
.
I thought after the scream of pain I let out he would never try THAT again but proceeded to do it on the other side, but not as bad. I almost gave up nursing on the spot. I am still healing.
Then this week Ethan was caught making potions in the bathtub with the cherry hand soap.
He called it his BLOOD BATH.

And lastly today....

Zach invited one of the sweetest boys we know over after school. As I was hanging up the phone with his mother I hear a scream and crying from someone that was not my kid.

I went running down the hall to see sweet Carlos crying, holding his nose and blood POURING out of him. Apparently Ethan had hit him with a toy....not intending to mame him but just being too rough as he often is. Blood was dripping everywhere as it does with nose injuries so I quickly sent Ethan to his room, set Graham down and took Carlos to the kitchen for some towels. It was there that I began to think this was more than a nose bleed. I won't go into grafic detail but I think the nose may be broken.

While trying to help Carlos I called Chris on speaker phone to get home ASAP because Graham was hysterical, Ethan frantic, and Zach was running around screaming, "I've never seen so much blood before! " I just needed an extra pair of adult hands and quickly. The poor guy has never ridden home so hard in his life because all he heard was "HOME NOW, BLOOD!" and chaos in the back ground.

How do you say sorry adequately to a mother when your 3.5 year old unintentionally disfigures their childs face?


By the time I got Carlos home the bleeding had stopped and the swelling had begun. His mother was not upset (she has two boys) and Carlos' biggest concern was that he wouldn't be invited over again.

2 comments:

  1. Graham's biting made me think of Twilight.
    Ethan's 'bloodbath' made me laugh so hard.
    I think this is your funniest post yet! (Even though I do not envy the adventures you had to create it). I can just imagine Chris frantically riding home to chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-isn't motherhood great?! You will be glad you wrote this, how would you remember all the gorry details otherwise?

    ReplyDelete