Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bedtime Battles

Does this sound familiar?
(In a whine voice)
Just one more story.....pleeeaaaseee!
I need a drink. No you'll wet the bed. But I'm so thirsty I'll die.
There's too much light.
There's not enough light.
Where's my teddy.
I just need to go potty one more time.
I'm NOT tired!
I hear something creepy outside.
He keeps talking I can't sleep.
He won't get out of my bed.
Mom, just one more thing......
I don't want to miss Letterman.

O.K. may be not the last one but these are the usual bed time battles we have as well as the completely coming out of the room.
If they dare do it 3 times my angry mom comes out.




That is until we put them on the school schedule of being up at 6:30 and go, go, going until the blessed hour of 7:30pm.....one of my favorite times of the day. Chris and I actually have a bit of an evening now.
The night before school started we had a battle of another kind.
Light Saber vs. Nerf Gun







This went on for about 20 minutes.....and Chris couldn't understand why they didn't want to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment