Friday, August 28, 2009

1 Down 2 To Go

I don't know who has been more excited about Zach starting school
he or I.
Whenever any one would ask what he was most excited about he always responded MATH!...
...not sure why because I'm numerically challenged but Chris is well an engineer. I have a feeling Zach is going to do very well in school academically.

One who is not excited about all this is ....... Zach's shadow Ethan.


It will be interesting who Ethan befriends in playgroups because he has always played with Zach
and his friends or at least tried to.

Zach insisted on wearing his new favorite shirt of a Lego skater. He got it 3 days ago and I had to sneak it away to wash it for the big day.
We all headed off for the long (3 minute) walk to school. Although the school is just across the street the entrance isn't. Then we had to wait for the security guards to let everyone in.
All the nervous Kindergartners "huddled" up and watched as the big kids "line up" before entering into school.

A few last minute words of encouragement from Dad.
And then Ethan broke away from me to do this....

At first everyone thought Ethan was trying to line up with the big kids but he just had to give one last hug goodbye to his best friend.

2 comments:

  1. Senneca- "Hi Zach, I hope you had a good day at school. I started school on Tuesday. When did you start school? Bye!"

    Zach looks so grownup with his backpack. Ethan is a sweet brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww that is so sweet. I'm glad you captured that moment. so adorable! I'm #2 child and I vaguely remember being a little lost when my big sister went off to kindergarten and I was home with mom and baby brother every morning. Didn't take me long to get used to the idea of being "in charge" though! :)

    ReplyDelete