Saturday, August 22, 2009

Decorating Disappointment

Zach &
Ethan spent the other afternoon
decorating the outside of the house.
It was HOT but by this time of the day the porch was in the shadows. They made posters, invitations, and games for Ethan's birthday. Anytime some one would walk by they would run out and invite them to the party. Ethan really wants to celebrate his birthday but it isn't until November.
While the boys were outside decorating I was inside doing a bit of decorating of my own. I wanted something bold on this huge wall. When I say these vinyl wall decals at IKEA I thought they would look great. I have used Uppercase Living vinyl wall words with great success in other parts of the house.....

these however are peeling and falling off my wall as I write this. The humidity that has just rolled in (yes hot and humid) and the wall texture are a bad combination.
A complete decorating disappointment.
Oh well, I just laugh each time the boys bring me another sticker. One fell on Graham yesterday and he became totally frustrated trying to unstick himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment