Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Hike To The Falls

With only a few days remaining before departure and my bike packed for shipping I had one thing left on my "Must Do This Summer" list.....
....hike to Bird Creek Falls.
This 5 mile hike is not difficult but it is through Bear Country. The trickiest part
was keeping the branches from hitting our littlest backpacker.

Grandpa carried the gun and I carried the jabber box.
You can see why the bears love this area, the dark spots are all salmon.....

.... but it's a "dead" end for them as they can't quite jump the 25 ft. falls....



...although many of them were trying.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I miss the west. These pictures are so beautiful, I'm glad you fit it in. I will be praying for you Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Amazing to see all the salmon in the water. So, did you see any bears? You're in my prayers too Michelle.

    ReplyDelete