Friday, February 5, 2010

Mortified!!!!!!

I've learned two things from blogging
1. It is very therapeutic for me.
2. If I blog it, it doesn't happen again.

Just when I thought things could not get any crazier.....
My son poops "accidentally" at the neighbor's front door!

And this is what happened.

Sweet Nyah invited E to go to the pool. After quickly changing, gearing up, and ready to go he was uninvited only because her parents were going to swim laps and not able to supervise him as well. He was sad so instead I set up the kiddie pool out back to pass the time.

An hour later dry and ready to "rumble" he took off with his tool box in hand to see if Nyah was now home. I tried to tell him it was too soon and I expected him back shortly. Instead I hear persistent knocking and doorbell ringing. Odd, I thought the bell is too high for kids to ring. It was Nyah's older brother saying, "Uh, your son is at our front door with his tool box and he's not wearing any underwear?"

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?

As I head up the street I meet my neighbor who is trying so hard not to laugh. She said she wasn't sure if she should scold him or laugh..... followed by, "Sheesh we would have just taken him to the pool he didn't have to leave a steaming pile on our front step."

As I turn the corner there he is squatting with his shirt pulled over his knees....to cover his privacy. Thank goodness he wasn't flashing people too. We've had a few serious talks about keeping private parts private lately.

I was MORTIFIED! Do you punish, scold, laugh, cry, run?!
None of the above you clean it up and walk away.
Was it revenge? No, he said it was an accident.

Thank goodness my neighbor thought it was funny.....and we do too but not so funny we want him to repeat the offense.

Once everyone and everything was cleaned up Chris and I tried again to explain to E that it's just not appropriate to do that and his response of course was....

Why?

1 comment:

  1. I love reading these posts. E makes me feel like J is normal... if two wrongs make a right ;)

    ReplyDelete