Monday, February 8, 2010

Taking Liberties

We arrived back in town from the holidays a few days before our neighbors and we noticed this....

All their brick work had been painted a bright yellow, totally not their style.
Then I looked up and noticed this......

As I looked around the neighborhood I noticed two other trees painted but no others. I assumed they had been marked for something.

In reality their gardener, who also does a house two doors down, decided to paint the trees with curb paint. The other occupants liked it so much he just assumed Donna would too. He was so thorough he did the bricks and half the driveway.

Donna about passed out when she arrive home from her holidays to see all the liberties her (now former) gardener had taken while they were away.

The real irony here is that Donna runs the greenhouse here on camp and is the resident landscape designer for those of us who care.

I am happy to say we have had NO problems with our gardener and that he took wonderful care of our place while away.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I bet she just died. Who would want that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is hideous!! Yet funny~ I came home one day to a trash basket full of soil and an ugly cactus on my front step. At least it wasn't permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you undo painting a tree? Poor neighbors.

    ReplyDelete