Sunday, February 7, 2010

Success...We Hope

Why we had to spend 5 hours at the surgery center for a 10 minute procedure is beyond me.

The morning went well considering Graham had been with out food or drink for about 14 hrs in preparation for his surgery.

They had me dress him in a little yellow PJ top and bottom and then put him in a bed with four sides of steel bars. He looked like a littlest prison inmate ever. Unfortunately I was without a camera because he looked so dang cute. After that we had to entertain him in a 5'X10' room for an hour and a half.

The Dr. said the procedure went as planned but a bad cold could easily block up the duct again. We'll just have to wait and see. There is one more option of a tube being put in if this doesn't work.

As he was coming out of anesthesia he was the sweetest cuddle bug every. He did need a bit of O2 at first as his level wasn't as high as it should have been. He perked right up though when he saw my dear friend Debbie bring me lunch. He was soooooo ready to eat (16.5 hrs. no food). The nurses insisted he only eat jello in case of vomiting. I guess orange jello goes down and up easier if one is going to hurl. Anyway, he totally REFUSED to have anything to do with that jello (I am attributing this to our non Utah residency). The nurses then decided mom knows best and to let him have his yogurt instead. He snarfed that down followed by some PB&J. With a very full tummy he was ready to go......and so were we.

I just want to thank my dear friend Debbie again for feeding us, putting us up for the night, driving us, and just plain ole' taking care of us through all this.

1 comment:

  1. We are so glad everything went pretty well and you can be back at home. We'll be crossing our fingers for no bad cold so he doesn't have to go through any more.

    PS I guess the best thing you can have for E is a sense of humor, I don't know what I would have done!

    ReplyDelete