Friday, May 21, 2010

Dementor At My Door

Last week I was busily typing away at my computer when the doorbell rang. I opened the door expecting to see my gardener but instead SCREAMED. I don't know who was more surprised me to see the person in my doorway clad completely in black,

(Picture from Wikipedia)

or she to have me scream in fright when I opened the door.

Whoops.

When I realized it was just my Saudi neighbor who lives behind me I started laughing and properly greeted her but I didn't really know how to excuse my behavior either. She's never come to my door before and it just completely startled me as she was standing RIGHT in the doorway not a few steps back as most people do.

Not sure what she thinks of me now....but she wasn't afraid to return a few minutes later to add some deleted information in a recipe she had given me and was kind enough to tell me she liked the paint colors I'd chosen in the house.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Funny and hopefully ok. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, that's awesome. i like the new blog layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gave me such a good laugh! Have you guys seen anything for the new Harry Potter theme park in FL? It looks awesome, I don't know what the age level of most of the attractions will be though.

    ReplyDelete