Monday, May 24, 2010

Big Brother/Little Brother

Big Brother/Little Brother
is a game that Ethan and Graham play in the mornings before school while I lift weights.


The game usually consists of loading masses of toys onto one bed, diving into a pile of pillows and blankets, and on this day Graham became Superbaby.

He is a Superbaby but this Superbaby just turned 19 months and

is now entering the most difficult toddler stage for me as a mother. He now climbs EVERYTHING!

I really liked my counter height table set when we bought it but lately he gets up there and throws my center pieces off the table and likes to jump of into my arms when I approach him to get him down. The computer has become an obsession and the telephone a must have....he is busy, busy, busy.
He decided yesterday he no longer wants to use his highchair but his booster at the table with the big kids and still is very choosy about what he will eat.

I must add however, that since he is so stinkin' cute it's hard to get really mad and that it's the 3rd time around I know we just have to tough this out while he satisfies his curiosity. I am SO glad there is a 3 year gap between he and Ethan as it is so much more manageable than a two year gap. E is so good with G and helps keep an eye on him. Also now that G is becoming so busy it's nice that we've turned a corner with E. (You may have noticed a dry blogging spell about Mr. Mischief.) He still beats up Zach on a daily basis but they are often getting along better. E hasn't been going to time out nearly as often and stays there when he's told to. He hasn't done anything offensive in public (like going nude in the park) or private for weeks now. (I hope I'm not setting myself up for disaster by saying all this.)). Raising him has been tough at times both mentally and physically. But E also has this truly sweet caring and sharing side to him and I am so glad that it's getting way more shine time lately.

A K4 program just got final approval and a teacher hired so in Sept. Ethan will be going to REAL school and we are all super excited.

1 comment:

  1. What a stinking cute little boy! I could just squeeze him to death. Yeah for moving through those developmental stages!

    ReplyDelete