Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The World Is My Inspiration

It wouldn't truly be Pre-K if my child weren't prolific in art.

I was sure these art pieces were inspired by our travels of the world these last few years but I guess I over romanticized it a bit because I thought this painting was similar to the ones the elephants made in Thailand. But no, Ethan said his teacher just asked him to paint a flower.

Or this gorgeous Mother's Day creation (which I love) was in remembrance of the flowers the flamenco dancers wore in Spain. Again not really, it was just the craft his teacher had prepared for the kids to do.
This one I knew was a lady bug because they had just finished a unit on insects. However, I had to laugh because when Ethan showed it to me he was pretty ticked to realize that the spots were lopsided. He swore up and down that he had painted them balanced and equal.


I found the title Ethan gave for this one quite unique and fitting:

Mud On Everything

This one came soon after watching the monkeys climb around at Animal Kingdom.

For his desert theme painting he chose two main elements: the first a Pyramid, which we saw last December in Egypt and some cacti which we saw the December before last on our drive through the American Southwest.

This whale was surely painted because of his longing for all things Alaskan but again I was wrong as he was asked to just paint something that lives in the sea.

This last and final stunning piece; I knew without a doubt came solely from his love of glitter paint and the dot paint bottles his class uses.
I'm glad to know I got at least one guess right.

Ethan, we are so proud of all the progress you've made this year in school. Not only did it give Mom a few hours of peace and quiet in our home but you were able to share all your insights, eagerness to learn, and curious intellect with Mrs. Glabb and Mrs. Edgington. You are beginning to read and can count to around 100. You have been a good friend to your class mates and a leader especially when it comes to building cityscapes with the blocks. Mrs. E will miss you terribly as she has been weepy every day since she heard we were leaving. You almost burst the flood gate of tears when you generously gave her your Woody doll because of her love of the Toy Story movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment