Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Graham Updates & Quirks

This little 2 and a half year old brightens my life EVERY SINGLE DAY.
He continues to just be an easy going and even tempered kid.
He potty trained himself right after our Spring Break Trip....even dry at night! Now this was a complete shock to me in fact I still can't believe how easy it was this time around. I am sure it was a combination of the fact he has two older siblings to watch. I was much more relaxed about it this time around. We have tile floors so messes (the few that there were) were not a pain to clean up. And lastly I tossed out the Potty Train In a Day (more like 6 months) method. I found a new book called "Potty Training Boys The Easy Way" by Simone Cave that is a much more laid back approach. It worked so much better for me because I became too high strung the other way which made for an unhappy mommy and even more unhappy trainee.

One quirky thing though is Graham likes to name him his deposits. Not the usual names like, "Oh look Mom it's a snake." Instead it's a little penguin or some other animal.

Graham has also decided he no longer wants to sleep in PJ's. I have no idea why but if you put them on him just before bed he will demand clothes instead. Or if he forgets he will wake up in the middle of the night screaming for clothes instead of jammies. So we've given them up entirely for the time being and every evening we just put on a clean pair of clothes and when he gets up he's ready to go.

As for TV shows he's all about Diego, Dora, Sponge Bob, and Phineas and Ferb.....not necessarily in that order.e

Our little guy is all about cars right now. He loves his little hot wheels (which non of my others really cared that much for). He has about 3 favorites and always carries two, one in each pocket. He likes to have them in his pockets or hands when he goes to sleep.

He wants to give up naps entirely but I'm not ready. He does pretty well missing one once a week but much more than that can mean trouble. He does lay awake for quite a while at night talking to himself but because we still use the tent bed time it isn't too bad. Well, other than he is quickly picking up on the delay (I need a drink, I need to go potty again, I need to be covered again) thing. Also he regularly wakes us to take him potty at night.

He loves books and is now starting to want to do Starfall word and letter games on the computer- with assistance from me of course. He knows his way around an iPhone like a champ. He vocabulary astonishes both friends and strangers. I think because he is so little it just comes across as advanced but in reality it is right where he should be for his age.

Last week I tried something with him on a whim and here are the results.



Oh how I just love those chubby cheeks. And the smile just melts me every time.



If you get our little guy upset with you he will most definitely call you the meanest thing he can think of which is a....

Stinky Head Butler!

Lastly, just this morning Graham busted out the entire ABC's. Earlier in the week he knew the beginning and ending fairly well but basically skipped the middle. So we did an ABC puzzle and I sang it through about 3 or 4 times then hadn't thought about it since. Then as I said, he just starts singing the entire song correctly.

He's a sponge I tell you a sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment