Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Designed To Take My Money

Do You Remember This?

I couldn't pass it up on my first visit to the Expat hot spot Desert Designs in Khobar. It's an eclectic store of original hand made items, often made from reclaimed wood, and antiques from the Middle East and Asia. You can even custom order some exquisite pieces as some of my friends have done.

We came into town to meet Chris after he spent the morning in Bahrain. I decided it would be a great night to wash the little boy stink off of me and go out with some adults. The Reynolds suggested we try a Saudi Style restaurant where you sit on cushions, share all the food, and where utensil use is optional. The food was not bad but the appetizers were plate lickin' good. I resisted the temptation to actually lick the plate in mixed company but we did get as much as we could scrape up with the flat bread.

With only 15 minutes until prayer time we finished up and then I casually asked if anyone would be interested in just looking around Desert Designs knowing full well my girl Tiffany would want to go and the hubbies would just have to endure.....at least mine would.

With prayer time upon us we had plenty of time to browse. See, if you are already in the store they won't kick you out; you are forced to just keep shopping while the lights are dim. If you don't make it in you are out of luck for the 20-30 minute duration. Well, the prayer time marketing scheme worked this time because I fell in love with this chair. It is hard to find a chair that fits my 5'1" frame and when I sat down I felt like Goldie Lock as it was Just Right.

I love the style the shape the design. And even though Chris was convinced we didn't have a place for it I manged to find it two different spots it can call home.

Of course just like anything new in the house the boys fight over who gets to sit in it for scripture time. We decided that Zach gets even days, Ethan gets odd, and Graham gets the weekend. So when does mom get to sit in it?

That remains to be seen.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your chair! It is beautiful. I love the armoire from earlier too. You have great style my friend.

    ReplyDelete