Monday, September 6, 2010

We've Entered The....

Homework Phase:
Day 1: Zach came home, took out the folder, and had it done before I could even look at it.
Day 2: I'll do it later. I'll do it later. I'll do it....You Will Do It NOW! (Discussion of when and where it will be done.)
Day 3: I'm NOT doing my homework. That is your choice but I don't think you want the consequences of that. Fine I'll do it.

He has READING.
I was not too happy about his book choice. The subject matter was WAY too detailed. I am none too happy to know that there are way more snakes out there than I previously knew and some super freaky ones...like a two headed one.

He has WRITING.
During the day they do a lot of independent writing. Mrs. S. lets them write their own stories which Zach loves. He wrote and illustrated countless books over the summer.

And he has ARITHMETIC.
So far it is really basic stuff and not overwhelming.

However, when you put it all together with little brothers wanting desperately to help and be involved it can make it a bit of a drawn out process in the evenings.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the fun of adding to a mom's workload as well. We go through all the same things. I've started something new with S and C you might be interested in after your trip.

    ReplyDelete