Thursday, September 30, 2010

Around The Town

It wasn't all work and no play for Chris. After his full day of courses he was usually able to join us by 6:00PM. We'd have a leisurely dinner then cruised the streets. We happened upon a very unique wishing well. You must drop a coin as you rub the boars snout having it land it just the right spot.

While in search of just the right gelato we passed these impressive chalk artists hard at work.
By our second day of the trip Graham was saying, "Si, Si" and "Ciao, Ciao"
By Monday evening he was saying, "I want ice cream!" He could spot those lovely bins of goodness from miles away. It wasn't always easy to convince him that ice cream at 9AM was not a good idea and that he would have to wait until later (at least 10AM).

I must say this boy was SPOILED on this trip....french fries, pizza, pasta, and lots and lots of gelato.

We enjoyed our fair share too. At first I was concerned about my weight loss challenge. The hotel did not allow me to work out until 9 which was well after we'd left everyday. We walked and walked and walked some more so in the end I was able to enjoy everything I wanted with no detriment to the fitness challenge.

Love these guys!

1 comment:

  1. The sidewalk art is incredible! And I love that part of vacations; you're usually so active and busy you don't have to worry about gaining weight, a definite plus:)

    ReplyDelete