Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Agony & The Ecstasy

Two weeks ago at Zach's Dental checkup we were surprised to find out his two bottom teeth were ever so slightly loose. He was so excited. This is such a right of passage for a 6 year old. They tell everyone and the watching, waiting, and wiggling begin.

Then last weekend he woke up saying that his tooth hurt where it connects to his mouth. I felt it and sure enough it was loose, really loose.

The excitement quickly faded as the pain increased. The blessed event suddenly became very traumatic. I can't eat this....... I'll only try that.......but it hurts.

Last night just before bed I did my nightly check. It was just barely hanging on. I told him it was ready and if he could be brave I would pull it out very quickly. We headed for the bathroom and on the first try I slipped. The second time he really braced himself and while his dad and brothers looked on I got a good grip and ........

Success!


At first there was a lot of cheering and a bit of blood. Ethan was so excited then all of the sudden he stopped cheering and started crying. He said he didn't want to lose his teeth because it would hurt. I asked him if he remember how brave Zach had just been and he replied yes. I explained it would be the same for him but he's not so sure.

The tooth was put in it's final resting place with great cheers and excitement because the tooth fairy would be making her premier at the Jenkins home.


Chris and I had completely forgotten about the whole thing until this morning when Zach came in excitedly yelling, "It worked! It worked! She really came!"

No comments:

Post a Comment