Monday, October 26, 2009

A "One"derful Year!

Yesterday was a "One"derful day but......
today I'm a bit emotional.
It's probably the hormones because I stopped nursing today. He kept wanting to play with my breasts instead of nurse.

I just keep thinking what if he's my last. Will these be the last little clothes, last little shoes, last little......every-things.

We've often talked of having four but some days are so tough there just aren't enough adult hands to go around.

Why is is it that the days can seem really long but the years seem short.


Graham has been the sweetest addition to our family. Sometimes I think ...OK I'll just end on a good note.


After a year of watching me feed Graham, Ethan decided to give it a go.


Graham was totally OK with that. Ethan was so meticulous. If he felt that there was too big of a bite on the spoon he would dump it back and start over.


Now for the party!

I DO NOT enjoy decorating cakes...that is generally Chris' department. However, Chris' schedule did not allow for it this time so Graham got the cutest mini car cakes (Williams and Sonoma pan) sadly decorated by mom. At least they tasted good.

Graham was our first one year old to even be interested in his birthday cake. Z and E just sat there with blank stares. It may be that Dad was sneaking him little tastes of things on the do not eat before a year list in advance.
The ever helpful older brothers!


At Graham's appointment he was just perfect in weight but off the charts in length.....so far below average he almost was on the the head circumference section.
I was told not to be concerned about it yet......so of course that's all I could think about.
Not that there is much you can do about it.

Ethan and Zach wrapped, decorated, and then opened the gift.....again so helpful.



I'm not sure but I think the big brothers enjoyed the new "baby" toy more than he did.

I'll let you know if he likes it if he ever gets a chance to play with it. So much for age appropriateness, Graham loves to play with his brothers Light Sabers any chance he can get.

New skills: Copying Sounds (coughs and growls), Waving, and Saying, "UH OH".

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Graham! Seeing his birthday party made my day. I am going through all the same feelings with Jocelyn, and she's not even 6 months yet! What if she is my last... what if... The cars were cute!

    ReplyDelete