Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Preschool Curriculum

We tried to convince our Preschool dropout to give it another go this fall. With all the Kindergarten excitement we thought he might want to try it....
but it's been a NO GO all summer.
Our first day of HOME preschool we talked about
The letter A
Days of the week
The month of September
Read about the Acorn in Chicken Little
and lastly on Ethan's insistence we had a lesson on ......
How to Blow a Bubble with Bubble Gum.


Many of you are probably wondering why with Ethan's history would I allow him gum.
Well, he is a boy full of surprises and one of which is that he loves gum and has always chewed it responsibly.
After a bit of chewing it was still not ready so he took a coloring break.

Finally the right consistency.


After a detailed demonstration from me and about 2 minutes of trying he gave up and said, "O.K., What's next?" I responded that we were done for the day.
He was so ticked and felt that I was an ill prepared and incompetent teacher and stated,
"I want to go to REAL preschool!"
HALLELUJAH!
I got up and ran, not walked, but ran to the phone to see if Ms. Mai had any openings left.
Yahoo she did. I told him if I paid he had to go, no backing out and no changing his mind.
I think a motivation in going and staying is the little cutie below,
his good friend Nyah. It doesn't hurt that he gets to ride to and from school on her golf cart.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for preschool! Now you will have some time with just Graham. Or will he be napping so you will have alone time?

    ReplyDelete