Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Can Breath

It's Interesting How Life Seems To Be All or Nothing.


For the last 10 months we have all been adjusting to our new lives....
without Grandparents
making new friends
exploring a new country
eating strange foods
living with less and living with more
walking everywhere
crossing the globe and not going anywhere
doing without and making do with what we have


Last night, unexpectedly, after many months I have found PEACE with this whole crazy adventure and am starting to see reasons why the Lord allowed us to start this journey.
I never doubted the answer we received to come here a year ago when this all started but there have been moments where I second guess myself about things....but not anymore. Sorry I'm not going into more detail than that.
I think the biggest adjustment for me has been not having continual family support....meaning rare dates with my husband or time for myself.
I have loved Zach being in school and now that Ethan is gone in the mornings as well......I feel like I can BREATH. I am getting my workouts in and getting little moments with just Graham and then this ANGEL just fell into our lives...


Ms. Ellen is from the Philippines. Her husband who has lived here for many years had surgery and she needed to come help for the recovery. Now he is doing better and back at work she is bored, bored, BORED.
No longer is that the case. She asked me to call her anytime and she comes and plays with Graham or watches the boys. She has come enough that Graham is starting to get comfortable with her and she is WONDERFUL with him.


She has been super helpful especially while I've been preparing for our trip.
Her Visa will end sometime in October but she and her husband are trying to decide, and if Aramco will allow, if she should stay as now her children are grown.

When I thank her for all she does to help me she just says, "It is my duty as a RS Sister to help you in any way I can." I told her to email her RS Pres. and tell her she's doing her VT. Her response was Compassionate Service too.

So I went from a constantly FRENZIED mom to aaaahhhh (sigh of relief) to only an evening time frenzied mom.

Soon we are off to complete something on my
PLACES TO VISIT WHILE ABROAD
list.

1 comment:

  1. Ms. Ellen is a member?? Bring her so we can all meet her! I'm like you, adjusting was hard but every once in awhile, I get the feeling that we truly have a purpose here. Hope you're having a great trip!

    ReplyDelete