Saturday, June 13, 2009

We're Baaaacccckkkk!

The Powers of Heaven were brought down by all your prayers, fasting, and faith and we had an amazingly smooth trip. THANK YOU! Generally we got the 'Oh crap, please don't be sitting near me' look as we boarded the plane. Then as we got off we were bombarded with compliments about how well everyone behaved.

I was questioning my sanity a few times along the way such as when Ethan grabbed a liquor bottle off a shelf in Amsterdam and ran off. A struggle ensued trying to get it back but I did replace it and moved him away before he knock the entire contents of the lower shelf off. Then after coming through customs ( the smoothest, easiest experience I've ever had with them) while looking at the monitors Ethan shows up with a huge bag off coffee. We quickly returned it to the nearby coffee shop and had a little chat about stealing.

Now we are here and both Zach and Ethan have quickly adjusted to the time change and are on a normal sleep pattern. Graham however, is not. My happy go lucky guy and wonderful sleeper has not been either since arriving.

Despite the smooth experience overall and the tender mercies demonstrated it will still take me the full two months to recover enough to take the trip back.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad it went well! I was praying for you. Your boys crack me up! Not only were they stealing and being naughty but trying to swipe booze and coffee. Have your boycotted all FHE lessons on WofW? :)

    ReplyDelete