Monday, June 29, 2009

Dr.'s Orders

I see biking ...... a lot of biking in my future. After meeting with the orthopedic today and reviewing my films he said.....NO SURGERY! YAHOO! I really bruised my tibia badly and the hot spot they saw on my meniscus did not show up on all the views so he felt confident that surgery will not be necessary. I am advised not to run, jump, hike, or play soccer at least for the next 4 weeks. I can, however, bike and swim. Swimming is out but this is prime biking season here. I borrowed a bike today and felt good overall. I plan on shopping this week for my own new wheels.

I find it interesting how the Lord prepares us for things. My husband has been a "Roadie" for years. He has hoped for a while that I to would get into it so that in the future we could go on biking tours together. I was so wrapped up in soccer and running that I just couldn't get excited about it. Then a couple of months ago I was thinking of some ways to challenge myself physically and considered a sprint triathlon. Long story short I have slowly over time become more and more interested in getting a road bike. I've been saving up and we planned that on this trip I would go ahead and get one to bring back with me. With having already decided to start biking a knee injury keeping me from running has not been such a let down. Plus I'm only 10lbs. away from my pre baby weight gain and really didn't want to put anything back on.

Summer is back ON!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! So glad you don't need surgery. Interesting about the biking too and how you were prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle-
    So sorry about the knee, but yeah for converting to biking. Enjoy Alaska in the summer-I am jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete