Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summertime Blues

I tangled for the ball, with 10 minutes left in my first soccer game in a year, twisted my knee and fell. I got up to continue playing and quickly realized I couldn't and subbed out. With 5 minutes left I went back in and finished a great game.
The next morning my whole body hurt especially my right knee and thigh. Oh well, that was to be expected. 3 days later I played in another game and by the end my knee just didn't feel good. Now two weeks later my body feels great except for my knee.
Today the MRI showed a suspicious spot but I will not know the final diagnosis until Mon. but it is looking like a meniscus tear (cartilage part of the knee) with surgery in the very near future.
After this wonderful news I was to meet some friends for dinner but Ethan threw up in the car on the way there. It is no fun to cancel especially when everyone is already at the restaurant waiting for you. I cleaned up the poor little guy just to have him barf again but this time insisting that I pause his show in between heaves. He then sent himself to bed unusually early. He is now up again and not doing so well.
Will this be a stomach flu weekend for the whole family?
Then I got some unhappy news from my sister to top everything off.
As I sit here watching the clock until it becomes a reasonable enough hour to call my husband overseas, I open this email from him and it totally made me laugh.



This may have crossed his mind once or twice recently as I left him the job of painting the house while the boys and I are away.

No comments:

Post a Comment