Monday, March 9, 2009

1500 - My Magic Number

Stuck is where I've been. I lost the first 20lb. of the 40lb. (yes I always gain a lot) with out much difficulty and then nothing. Usually the day I hit my 6 week mark I am literally off and running playing soccer. This time the holidays, the move, and 6 week postpartum day all came together. I hadn't realized how much playing one hour of soccer each week really helped.

Upon arriving it took a while to get settled and not all my work out stuff came with our luggage. Anyway finally for the last 3 weeks I've hit my magic number of 1500 calories burned each week between weight lifting and various forms of aerobic workouts. I am finally lost another 5 lbs. For whatever reason that is the number that I have used after each pregnancy and I set my goal at 5 workouts a week.

I love my Polar Heart Rate Monitor it lets me know when to push it and when I'm overdoing it. It helps me keep on track. I recommend one for anyone who really wants to get in shape. Sometimes we think we are getting a good workout and we just aren't getting the heart rate up enough to really benefit.

I am toying with the idea of training for a Sprint Triathlon in the fall. I have two other fit mamas who want to do it with me but it is about to get way too hot to train so we will plan it for cooler temps.

Hopefully now when my non maternity clothes show up in a 2 weeks I will be able to fit into some of them.

1 comment:

  1. hi mom its nov 12th 2017 i wonder when youll find this comment probably never love Zach

    ReplyDelete