Saturday, February 19, 2011

So Much For Swim Training

....At least for this week.


While chopping green peppers for my lunch time omelet I cut off a bit more than I could chew....
a good portion of my thumb. As I looked for the chunk among my chopped veggies suddenly it wasn't so appetizing.

With Chris only minutes from being home I tried to stop the bleeding myself. But after 20 minutes of pressure it just kept soaking through everything I used. There was nothing to sew because I cut it clean off but there was one small artery that I nicked as well causing all the trouble. Leaving the boys with Chris I drove down to the Urgent Care where they sealed it with glue, because they have no cauterizing tools, sympathy wrapped it up, and said no dishes/water for a couple of days.

Good thing it's roast turkey night at the dining hall because generally we can't stomach it.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! That's awful! I hope it heals up soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!!! Yes, no swimming or dishes for you. Go put your feet up and rest your thumb. :)

    ReplyDelete