Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Just Found Out

A Triathlon has been organized for Udhailiyah residents.
On a day I can participate.
Two days before we leave town.
In only 4.5 weeks.

So I signed up!

I'm not so worried about the bike/run part but the swim will be a challenge for me. I can swim but I was never on a swim team where I learned proper form and technique. Not that I'll be judged by my stroke but I know that proper form in any sport improves overall performance. Also even though the pool is heated it has only been in the 50-low 60's and I just shiver even thinking about getting into it.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Michelle!! I know you can do it. If I can do one at 162 lbs. you can do it. You are a very strong person. Let me know the results. My swim part was in a 50 degree river. Just smile and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally can do it! There is a great book/dvd about swimming that I have used. Don't know if you have time, It is called Total Immersion by Terry Laughlin. yeah for Triathlons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about the triathalons, except for the running part. You can do it. I will channel all my years of swimming to you.
    Hope your finger heals fast!!

    ReplyDelete