Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pillow Talk

Yesterday in the middle of my workout Ethan brings me one of Zach's pillows to inform me there is a hole in the corner that needs to be sewn up. I told him I could not address it right then but to throw it in my room and I'd get to it later.

Well later...much later in the day I found the pillow laying on my bed with a pillow case on it. At this point in the day Zach was home from school and Ethan was at a friend's. I pull off the case and find this.....

Zach's name written in beautiful PERMANENT marker penmanship....but no holes.

I was baffled. Did Zach do this a long time ago? The writing was too neat to be Ethan's and he is always asking me to help him spell his own name let alone Zach's. But the ink smelled fresh. I took it to Zach right away and the look of shock on his face told me he had nothing what so ever to do with it.

As I was holding it up showing him I then noticed this on the other side.

The little stinker had written it on both sides. The coloring in the letters was the final give away because I know Z doesn't do that with his name.

I'm not a fan of the boys using permanent mark on anything let alone a pillow but wasn't too upset because it won't show. Now if this had been on a Pillow Case it would have been an entirely different matter. I was however, dang impressed that he wrote it so neatly and that it was all spelled correctly.

I completely forgot to ask E about it until later in the evening and so with Chris by my side I questioned E about it. He immediately said he didn't do it but was struggling with all his four year old might to NOT smile and start laughing. I told him I was impressed with his writing skills but not to do it again. He told me he took it in his room and copied the letters from Zach's name that's in vinyl on the wall.

I'm still not sure if he wrote Zach's name to just throw me off his trail or if he was truly trying to just label Zach's pillow. I hope Zach doesn't wake up with a headache from the nasty marker smell.

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! And that it was so neat and Z's name. When we were all in Ak for M's wedding and were at the cabins, one morning we discovered that S, who was that same age, had written her numbers very neatly on the sheets with pen! Must run in the family . . .

    ReplyDelete