Friday, June 25, 2010

Meet Our Scavenger

All three of my boys have been really exceptional babies. I didn't deal with colic or sleeping issues. My biggest hurdle was learning to breast feed a sleepy sleepy newborn the first time around. It isn't until just after a year that we embark in the stage of discovery. For this is when each child's true personality begins to shine through....

Graham is our Scavenger.

He does not look underfed in the least but strangely enough the kid hardly eats anything we put in front of him other than fruit, yogurt, and cheese. Slowly this is changing as I have not given up on the veggies yet. After he throws down most of his meal, removes his bib, and slathers himself in yogurt he demands to get down. I plead with Ethan not do dawdle over his meal because I will soon release the scavenger. Who immediately after refusing his own meal will stop at nothing until he gets his brother's food. Or anything else someone might have left at the table.

Last week I found him walking around chewing something. It was carrot sticks he had refused at lunch and dropped on the chair next to him. I've decided to just leave little treats for him to find himself. Then he just loves his little treasures and eats them happily.


Another oddity is that he doesn't climb out of his bed he climbs in. Any time the little busy noises are not to be heard I find him in his bed with his beloved binkie. As the days progress I find him in there more and more just relaxing....not sleeping just hanging out with his bink.


I began to put it on the shelf but now that E is out of school he is a partner in crime and gets it down for him.

One other small joy for Graham is to finds the bathroom door left open. He loves to splash in the water, unravel toilet paper, and of course flush. Lately if he can get in there and flush before we catch him he runs out with an arm pump and says "YESSSSS!'

Graham is very mellow and is happy to self entertain much like Zach was. What a relief because Monkey number 2 is busy enough for all 3.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet boy! 2 of my 4 would hang out in bed at this age to have their binkie too. Here in the south they call it a passie, people always look at me crazy when I call it a binkie. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - LOVE your new background!

    ReplyDelete