Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Silly Little Jingle


Our boys are of an age where they are curious about their bodies and all their functions. It's natural and normal to be so at this age. We are constantly reminding them what is sociably acceptable and not. And, we as most parents are concerned about their physical, mental, and spiritual safety. Even though we often feel as if we live in Mayberry International we try to stress the importance of keeping private parts private. I found some great books online for children to teach these principles but due to our limited resources here we've had to come up with alternative teaching methods. We came up with this song, after Ethan came home singing songs about safety belts and street signs, to teach our boys a few things so that if they are ever in an uncomfortable situation this will come to mind and they will know exactly what to do.

Warning: You may never think of the song Jingle Bells quite the same way again.

Private Parts
by Chris and Michelle Jenkins

Private Parts, Private Parts they are just for you.

Don't pull down your underwear unless you wet your pants.

Private Parts, Private Parts they are just for you.

If someone wants to see them, I'll tell you what to do.

Tell your MOM! Tell your MOM! Tell her what they did!

Private Parts are just for you so let's just keep them hid.


Now I know this doesn't cover (haha no pun intended) every situation or teach them everything they need to know but it's a silly song that they'll remember and hopefully keeps them on the right track and away from harm.

4 comments:

  1. Hahahah...love it! Thanks for the laugh! Do they sing it constantly? I am afraid to teach it to my kids for fear I couldn't get them to stop...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mostly they just giggle right now and sorta sing along. I'm sure it won't be long before they just tell us to shut it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Very clever and a good way to teach them some great principles. I'll probably be teaching it to S and C and then they can all sing it together over spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! You are so clever! I will sing this to my little ones as well :D So cute!

    ReplyDelete