Saturday, April 10, 2010

Thank You Sumatriptan

Last month I had a horrendous 5 day episode of migraines. I looked so bad when my houseboy came he offered to take me to the hospital on his bike. At the end of which I had pretty much depleted my stock of medication I had brought from the states which they don't have here. After a bit of research I was able to find an adequate substitute with the same main ingredient.

SUMATRIPTAN

I built up my arsenal of medications (Excedrin Migraine & the above) and took them at first tingling and SUCCESS!

My migraines were manageable this time. The only side effects are sleepiness with one and caffeine overdrive with the other.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry! I have absolutely how you survived 5 days of migraines, except you just have to buck up and do lots of things when you are a parent. I am glad the med is working. Which is better, being sleepy or on overdrive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Gollom on a bike? hehe
    We really have been thinking of you and your Migrains, ie. praying for you and hope this is helping.

    ReplyDelete