Friday, April 30, 2010

Homesick

It all started yesterday. We stayed home from church because Chris has been doing 12 hour night shift field jobs and was in no condition to drive. Graham was too snot faced to go to nursery and I didn't want to drive two hours just to chase him in the halls for three then drive two hours back home. Since we don't get a Conference Sunday here I made yesterday my Conference Friday. Everything went well, the boys occupied themselves destroying the house while I tried to listen.

It all went south in the afternoon. Traditionally we watch family home videos on the Sabbath instead of regular TV. Ethan chose one that started the Easter he was 1.5 yrs. - his 2nd birthday. I was shocked at how much he and Graham look and act the same as Graham is that exact age. The main difference is that E had brown curly hair and G has blond stick straight hair.

I think the video confused Graham when he saw the baby had a Binky he went and tried to get his. He saw Ethan climb up on my bed and that night he tried to do the same which he has never even attempted previously.

As all this unfolded before me I just started to wither....until I was almost in tears.

I MISS:

My Family & Friends
Mountains
Green
My House
Convenience
The Temple
Church Nearby
Moose's Tooth
Good Mexican Food
My Running Trail
Wild Animals
Rain
Snow Activities
Biking Along Turnagain Arm

Just to name a few!

In fact I was so homesick when I went to sleep that I dreamed I went to Moose's Tooth but Chris woke me up this morning before I had finished my slice of pizza. GRRRRR!

This is the first time since moving that I've had it this bad. Only two more months and we'll be home to enjoy the best Alaska has to offer.

I have way too blessed of a life here so I can't really complain. Living here offers so many things that Alaska didn't, mostly the international travel that I enjoy so much. I am sure that a month and a half visit home will cure me.....if I can just hold on.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww...sorry, Michelle! We all have days like that every once in awhile. I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold on. Two months isn't that far away. We will be heading to Alaska next summer. Chris and I want to get away in Alaska for our 20 year anniversary so we will be there in July 2011. Kennady will not be going to Alaska this summer. She is pretty busy with soccer and softball that we will only get a week break this summer. We are hoping to go down to Utah for that week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Michelle - I'm so impressed that it's taken this long for you to feel those tugs of homesickness. You are such an amazing example to me and so many other women. You're strong and simply fabulous!!!

    I miss you and look forward to your Alaska visit -

    We just went on vacation to Utah and I'm feeling a little aching home sickness for "Zion" - but I'm grateful to have so many experiences - just think of the amazing things your boys are doing - things that they will treasure!!! I love your blog! I love living adventures through you - make sure you come see us soon after you arrive!!!

    ReplyDelete