Wednesday, January 13, 2010

We've Been Blogged!

While in California we spent the day in Riverside with my old college roommate Kamee. She quit teaching to be home with her kids but in the last few years has started a photography business that has really taken off. She and another extremely talented photographer and former high school friend/college roommate, Jen Fields, are both featured on my blog side bar.

My one Christmas Wish this year was to have Kam photograph my family......and she did just that (Find us under "A Family of Super Heroes").
They were photographed as is, in all their glory, with each personality shining through in their own way. That means we did not get one shot out of 1000, no kidding 1000, with everyone looking at the camera and SMILING.

I asked her to work her photo shop magic but in the end I was still disappointed (not with her talent).....it was still my nose, chubby arms, thin smile etc...and when did I start looking well...old. I swear I wore makeup to the shoot but between the drizzle and constant yapping or kissing it looks like I forgot lipstick, oh well I guess you all have to settle seeing what Heavenly Father gave me.

But the boys they look....

BRILLIANT!


....every time I look at those pictures I just want to kiss 'em and love 'em and eat'em up.

And Chris was such a GOOD SPORT. Some of the poses, not shown, were hotter than anything we did in our engagement pictures.

We definitely have some great shots to choose from unfortunately she could only blog a small sample.

What you don't see (well may be you can in some) in the pictures was Graham crying every time I tried to pass him off.
Ethan asking for snacks every 5 minutes. In fact in one shot you can see some Nips residue on his tongue.
Zach being absolutely Mr. Anti- picture.
During Mom shots the boys constantly jumping in or trying to use Kamee's camera.
Chris and I standing in a doorway on a broken whiskey bottle where someone had obviously unrinated the night before.
Ethan blaring the car horn as Chris and I were supposed to be acting romantic.
An unhappy Graham in the stroller next to us just outside the frame.
Drizzling Rain.

All in All it was a totally fun, memorable morning and this is just so my life perfectly captured on film!

Thanks Kam!

So if your travels take you to So. Cal or Eastern Kansas book these ladies and you won't be disappointed....they got skills.

2 comments:

  1. Some things never change and getting a good photo with everyone smiling and happy and looking at the camera is one of those things we hope for but seldom get...especially when you have boys...and no matter how old they are. Why is it they can't just stand there for a few minutes, smile and act happy? Mine are in their 20's and 30's and they still can't do it.

    Your photos are adorable though...even if you think you didn't get the perfect shot with everyone smiling and looking at the camera.
    You have an adorable family! And I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos!!! There are some of your boys and you and your hubby together that are so amazing. Yes, I also love the family ones. Yes, I have complete sympathy for wanting everyone to look at the camera and smile a pretty smile. Hasn't happened for us yet either. Someday...

    ReplyDelete