Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mr. Sandman

The park next to our house has suddenly become very exciting again....at least to one member of the family. If the front door gets left openby a big brother, I am sure to find Graham high crawling it toward the park.

For a crawler, that is still a bit of a distance but it in no way deters him. He actually has started walking and is doing a stellar job but the max distance is about 8 steps.

Notice the Rt. eye (little weepy and small). We are still battling chronic eye infections for this little guy. We will be meeting with the Ped. Ophthalmologist again next week to see what our options are now as antibiotics and massage are becoming ineffective.

The other day I kept finding little piles of sand like this all around the house. Or little trails from one play area to the next. Yes, you say that shouldn't be unusual as you live in the desert but it all happened in a short amount of time. After a little reconnaissance Mr. Mischief informed me that when we were outside he had .......

filled Grahams diaper with an entire 12oz. water bottle worth of sand.
THAT'S A LOT OF SAND!
It all made sense now. Just prior to lunch the 3 of us had been on the back porch. When I went out I saw the bottle of sand and Graham was playing with it. A few minutes later I saw the empty bottle tossed in the grass and thought that was weird. I didn't think Graham could open it and I didn't see sand dumped anywhere. Ethan was gone by this point so I didn't give it another thought. We went inside to get lunch ready for the crew and that's when I started finding little sand piles. When I finally pulled Graham out of his high chair it too was full of sand.
And of course he never complained once.

Graham is also starting to demonstrate dangerous addictive behaviors. Such as pulling out drawers to use as steps, jumping off the arm of the couch landing a perfect belly flop, and eating out of the garbage.

What can I say....he's had very good teachers. The whole couch thing is about giving me a heart attack. I can't leave him alone in the room with his toys because the second I step away for even a moment he climbs the couch, gets on the arm, and stands there without holding on. The kid is just learning to balance on the flat floor for Pete's sake so I have to be sure not to make any sudden movements when I find him like this or he'll go over backward. And let me tell you we have yet to drop something, even from a short distance, on this tile floor that hasn't cracked or broken completely.

His favorite garbage is the kitchen. He just can resist the little pop up lid and it is just the right level for trouble. I've caught him eating veggies out of the garbage that I had TRIED to feed him at dinner but he absolutely refused and tossed off his tray. Why do kids do this? I've also found him after a meal eating the dried out spoiled remnants off the floor around his highchair. Why didn't he just eat them the first time when they were fresh. And when crawling outside he can't pass a puddle with out taking a sip or two!

Yet, I still can't help kissing that adorable face.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Brought back memories of Luke and Noah at this age. I can still see Noah laying on the cement licking the puddles of pool water.

    ReplyDelete