Monday, July 13, 2009

Rehabilitation


THIS IS MY THERAPY!
My knee injury has changed from being painful to a weird sort of stretching sensation. As per Dr.'s orders I have not been running or hiking etc. but I have put over 100 miles on my bike in less than two weeks. I'm not sure that's what he had in mind when he said biking was o.k. I just can't help myself as I ride through fresh bear scat, scan the horizon for eagles, and watch the tide change along Turnagain Arm. I probably push myself a bit harder than I should some days. An added bonus is that I get to spend quality time with one of my favorite people.....my DAD while my boys are well taken care of at home with the best MOM ever.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had someone to ride bikes with or even walk with. I get no exercise because I am not self movitated. Good for you and all your miles. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really is something fun about riding a bike, huh? It makes you feel like a kid. And it actually feels good to go fast, unlike how it feels to run fast :)

    ReplyDelete