Sunday, April 5, 2009

Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear

Last Thursday I went to Daharan to help celebrate the RS's birthday. I decided to stay the night with some friends instead of making the long trip twice in two days. Graham is still no work at all so even though he was with me I had a way fun mommy night out. My friend Debbie took me shopping, helping out with the bus routes and layout of the mall. After catching a bus back to camp we met up with her husband Wade and went to a hole in the wall eating place, run by a Lebanese man, that was sooooo good. We had yummy flat bread, hummus, and this parsley salad. Then for the main we had chicken and shrimp kabobs with several types of rice.


I am always hesitant about buying food here because it often is past expiration and never tastes like you expect. So, it was nice to eat some good Arab food.


Cooking has gotten better now that all my cooking gear is here. We've actually had some of our favorite dishes turn out all right.


So this is what I missed.
Getting ready for church.
I had unpacked all the Sunday stuff and Ethan insisted on wearing this suit. It is way too big but somehow Chris didn't seem to notice.

I also missed a massive Camel Crossing. Even with time taken to watch the crossing I was impressed that the boys made it on time to church.


In Alaska we never tired of seeing moose along the road. Here, we never tire of seeing camels.
Here they are being herded by one of three jeeps.
3 became a little rowdy and took off down the road in the opposite direction. One of the jeeps took off after them and turned them back on course. It almost looks like one is being nudged back on course.

He's all puckered up but no one's kissin' those lips.
I love this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment