Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rambling Zach & A Crush

Just a few funny things Zach has said recently-

During one of our Friday "Meal with a Member Family" we were discussing foreign languages and places we'd lived. Zach piped in, "My Grandpa is Canadian and I can understand him just fine."


My sister Lauren made a T-shirt about my dad called Where's Grandpa Slocombe. The list is so long is takes up the entire front of the shirt. Zach was wearing his the other night and had to really lift it up out of the way to use the restroom before bed. Chris said, "It's kind of a long shirt." Zach responded, "That's because Grandpa has a lot of places to be."


After the cultural evening Zach was running around with some friends and one he especially likes is named Anyah. We told him it was time to go and he putting his foot down said, "I will not go until you tell me that I can marry Anyah when I grow up."
"Sure thing buddy. Let's go," I said.
"O.k. mom."






Last night while getting ready for bed he said, "Mom sometimes I think you're a complete idiot. (pause) "But I would never tell you that."

We were at the library today and saw a whole section of CD's about teaching English to Arabic speaking children. After we'd left Zach asked if there were discs that teach children Arabic. He said he'd like to learn Arabic so that if he speaks to someone in English and they don't understand him he could speak to them in Arabic instead.

I cut the boys hair yesterday and I only know one style. This morning Zach very sweetly said, "Ethan I REALLY like your new haircut." I told him that was good because that's exactly what his hair looks like. "Great mom now everyone will think we're twins."

Ethan had a hard time not being old enough to join the Jr. Tennis club. So I left Zach and he was to come home with the neighbors. When I got home from running Zach told me he walked Nyah (our neighbors daughter) up the hill to her house and then came home. I thought that was a little strange because she lives further away. Later I found out after tennis he and Nyah got their snack and walked home together without telling her mom. She was a bit frantic looking for them. What a gentleman to make sure she made it home safely in the dark. We only live two blocks from the courts and there is no danger other than falling in a decorative fountain or getting run over by a golf cart. He still got the tell an adult where you're going lecture.

Apparently during last park day Anyah and Zach had a falling out. He has been upset about it all week. Today he got himself dressed for park day in his what he calls his Brown Picture Shirt. He said he wanted to look nice for Anyah. I tried to help him understand it's who you are and not what you wear that is important, but looking nice in general is a good thing. Whether it was his inner rico suave or outer I'm not sure but things are back to normal. I know what it looks like but they were just telling secrets.

1 comment:

  1. what a doll baby...I love the idiot comment the best...just today Sadie told me that she loves me, even when I'm mean. Aren't kids the best.

    ReplyDelete