Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Thanks

On Christmas Eve we told the boys that if they woke up insanely early in the morning they were welcome to get into their stockings but not welcome to wake us up. At 4:50AM I heard the boys bedroom door open and then immediate rustling of paper. Expecting to see Ethan, our early riser, I was surprised when I found Zach. His stocking contained a new Leapfrog game and I assumed he would play that for a while but he misread it thinking it wouldn't work in his player so he just went back to bed. However, instead of sleeping he just watched the clock until 7:00AM and then came into our room announcing, "I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGER. WILL YOU PLEASE GET UP." Laughingly we obliged considering 7 a reasonable time to get up.

The boys gathered around the tree, we set up Skype with the Hamms and Slocombes in AK who were just finishing up their Christmas Eve dinner and then got down to business.
Of course the boys had no interest in breakfast but Chris and I enjoyed the hot wassail and cinnamon sticky buns.
Santa brought the boys just what they wanted and
Grandma S. (THANK YOU VERY MUCH) filled in the gaps by bringing everything else I ordered when she met us for the cruise.
Grandma J. sent some great art kits and a snap puzzle all the boys have enjoyed.
Aunt Megan sent Star Wars lunchboxes with Tie Fighter and
Millennium Falcon sandwich cutters.....SO COOL!
Just when I thought it was all over Chris said that I had somehow forgotten one gift under the tree. When I checked again I did find a double stacked box in the way back and it was for me. To my surprise he had purchased a Swarovski Crystal bracelet I had said I liked on our cruise. There was also some yummy French bubble bath and designer, yes designer, soap on a rope. Oh how I love surprises and I have to say Chris has done exceptionally well with this since I've known him. Someday just someday I'd like to do the same for him but I just don't know enough about electronics and bike gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment