Friday, October 1, 2010

Almost Over But Not Quite

As dusk falls on Florence again the conference concludes for another year in another less interesting place.


With Grandma and Grandpa Jenkins leaving the next day we were in search of one last excellent meal.

As often happens when we vacation with a group this size no one will step up and decide where to eat so I filled those shoes once again. However, by this point I had run out of ideas. I was sure I would pick a place that would sour the palate we'd thus far on the trip. After wandering a bit I remembered a little place we'd passed earlier in the day when I had gone to pick up the oh so soft, tailored just perfectly to me leather jacket. I couldn't pass up the jacket, it spoke to me and begged me to take it around Europe on my travels just as this little place spoke to me as I walked by earlier.

Trattoria Antico Fattore did not disappoint.
As you wait for a table you can see all the fresh goodness that goes into the antipasti. These are appetizers you order before your primo piato or first course of pasta, thick soup, or a rice dish.
Later I noticed that this establishment had been around for over 100 years. And later learned it had been a hot spot for writers and artists for ages. This establishment also created a literary prize in 1913 where sculpture, painters, and writers would gather and select the poet of the year, two of its winners went on to win the Nobel Prize.

Mainly we just focued on the food.
Some had to REALLY focus just to get it to their mouth.

This place served the best melon wrapped prosciutto we'd ever had.

As well as an abundance of other amazing dishes. We were so glad to get the last table in the house.
SALUTE!
(To good health)

No comments:

Post a Comment