Friday, December 4, 2009

A Walk About

We're on the road.
We are hanging out in Denver for a week. Since this is a longer visit our accommodations have two rooms, small living area, and a kitchen so we aren't all on top of one another.
Chris stepped out for a few minutes of errands and I stepped into the shower. I worked out. I stunk. It was 10 minutes.
When I got out I dried off and went looking for Graham who had stopped pounding on the door (which had to be shut or he plays in the potty). There was no Graham and no Ethan, only Zach completely engrossed in a TV show......
Wet and wrapped in a towel I became frantic then I heard a baby.....
OUTSIDE OF THE ROOM IN HALL!
I peeked out but because of the protruding walls on each side of the door I could not see anyone. I yelled to Zach, "Where are your brothers?" He quickly got up ran outside the room looked both ways and saw Graham happily crawling away from the room. He scooped him up and brought him back. As I was recovering from the ordeal. Ethan returns giggling holding the hotel room key card, sets it on the table and returns to the TV show he was supposed to be watching the entire time.
Now, I decided to sneak away. I am currently in AK. I surprised my family in the middle of the night and am only here for two days. I did not want to leave Chris with the boys for too long especially when we aren't in our own home......and for good reason as seen above.
I snuck away because my little sister, Lauren, is very pregnant and not allowed to travel to our family Christmas get together this year. A friend is throwing her a baby shower tomorrow and I wanted to surprise her. I hope she isn't too surprised and it puts her into labor.

1 comment:

  1. That's a good story. You'll be glad to know you're not the only mom whose kid has escaped from a hotel room and explored the hotel alone. This Thanksgiving holiday, Tali walked out of our room, pushed the "up" button on the elevator and took herself to the fourth floor. Once there, she really had no way to know how to get back, so some lovely person took her to the front desk, where we found her. The silly girl didn't even know she was lost.

    ReplyDelete