Friday, May 8, 2009

Pirates Can Do Laundry

Today a Pirate did my laundry.......
When it comes to house hold duties Ethan has always been my assistant.
I have not always been patient with his eagerness to assist.

However, his ability to actually help is starting to match his desire to help.


He insists on the whole process: sorting, adding soap, starting machines, picking the dryer sheet. Heaven forbid if I change a load without his help. He gets mad, mad, MAD! He doesn't fold the laundry but he does help put it away.


Later this pirate traded his hat and sword for an apron to help cook dinner.

Chicken Pot Pie was on the menu. We started with the crust.
It turned out excellent. We had never made this version before but it will definitely be add to our dinner repertoire.
We let the crust sit and moved on to the veggies.


I showed him which line to stop the water at.

He was so precise about it and he got it dead on.


Just a little squeeze of garlic.
Now for rolling out the dough.

Some peas.
Sampling some peas.


Just so you don't think I'm an incompetent mother. Stirring it all together was one of the last steps, the stove was off and this was not the burner I had used to cook on.

Viola! A masterpiece. It looked good and tasted great.
"Mom, does this little scrunch face remind you of anyone you know?"
Yesterday at the pool my neighbor commented on how much he looked like me. If only his hair was a little longer she would be dead on.

He even cleaned up after himself.
I am proud of Ethan for all his hard work and proud of my self for the patience shown in the process.
I do love my little shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment